Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I'm Thankful for...

Maybe you have noticed the current Status fad on Facebook is a daily post on "I'm thankful for..." Everyday in November the poster must state what he or she is thankful for in their life (or at least 30 things they are thankful for). I have lots to be thankful for but have chosen not to participate in this activity. The obvious blessings are a great, supportive and loving family. A fun and caring boyfriend. A chance to be back in South Dakota. A roof over my head, clothes to wear and food to eat. I am a lucky gal!

The reason I am writing this is to mention one thing that I am truly thankful for this season. I woke up this morning at 6am to be early for a webinar at work. I was so tired and could hardly open my eyes; 6am is so early! However, up to October 1st I was waking up at 4am four times a week to be to work at the Target Distribution Center at 5am in order to prepare for daily tasks and planning for start of shift at 6am. I miss my team and my co-leaders but I don't know how I did that for 15 months but I am glad I am not on that schedule anymore. Makes setting that alarm for occasional early starts a little easier knowing the key word is "occasional."

Therefore, I am thankful for a normal work schedule so I can have a normal life. #Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment