Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Envelope Pillow

Our couch is in need of a throw pillow update. My husband "loves" throw pillows. I think it is the price that shocks him the most. Luckily, for him, I am crafty and can sew. I found this fabric I fell in love with at IKEA. I am a little bummed I only got one yard of the material but I hope to go back soon and purchase more for even more crafts but for now, I found solace in using it as a throw fabric.

Here is how you make a quick and easy envelope pillow covering. 

Materials needed: 
Pre-stuffed throw pillow (you can reuse and refurbish one your already have or purchase one)
Fabric to cover your pillow +some
Thread to match

Steps: 
1. Measure your throw--mine was 20"x20"
2. Measure your fabric prior to cutting. I added 6" to the length of the pillow + the 1/2" seam allowance. For width add 1/2" to each side for the seam allowance. Mine ended up being Length: 47" Width: 21"
3. Cut you fabric. 
4. Press 1" seams on the short edge of the fabric and sew using your 1/2" guide. 
5. Wrap pill with pretty sides together and pin into place. This is where you make your envelope. 
6. Remove pillow from case. (Adjust as needed)
7. Sew side seams using 1/2" guide on machine. 
8. Flip pretty sides to the outside and push the corners out. 
9. Stuff that throw in there and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment