Thursday, May 1, 2014

Rosette Cake

It seems like everytime I visit my hometown of Pierre, South Dakota, I have some occasion to celebrate with cake. I mean, there is always a reason for cake. This month, I made a cute rosette ombre cake for my future sister-in-law's bridal shower. The theme was "Yellow" and "June Bride" so everything was inspired by her favorite color and movie, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers (one of my favorite movies too!).

Anyways, to make the cake I made a 2 layer white cake and a butter cream frosting. I dirty iced the 2 layers to seal in any cake crumbs. Make sure to put your dirty iced layer in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to make it easier to ice. Then to make the rosettes, I used a Wilton 2D tip and in a circular motion (almost like you are frosting a cupcake) you work from the top middle out and down. I started with the natural white on top and then the light color around the edge and then finally the darker yellow on the sides.
It turned out really cute and really pulled the bridal shower theme together. Plus, it was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment