Sunday, August 17, 2014

Fudge Brownies

These brownies are inspired by a off the menu experience and Kyle and my favorite pizza place in the Twin Cities, Pizza Luce. On our last trip to the cities to attend a Kings of Leon concert at the Target Center, we grabbed a bite to eat at Luce and had the best wait staff experience of our life. When it came time for dessert, I wanted the chocolate cake and Kyle wanted the carrot cake with cream cheese icing, so our waiter gave us an off-the-menu special of a brownie frosted with cream cheese icing. AHHHH Best of both worlds so so wonderful!

So in attempt to re-create that experience for my friend's dinner party, I made some homemade fudge brownie and frosted them with cream cheese icing I had left over from a recent wedding I did. The brownies are extra chocolate-y and have a great texture. The edges get a little more baked in the oven than I prefer, so I trimmed the edges off before frosting to make sure every bite was soft. Make sure the brownies are cooled all of the way prior to frosting. Add a thick layer of frosting and then cut into serving size squares.
These brownies definitely were a hit and brought those warm fuzzy feelings back from one of the best date nights of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment