Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pumpkin Bars

'Tis the season for Pumpkin flavor! I have been relatively restrained with my indulgence in pumpkin spice. But now that it is November, I feel the need to have the favorite fall flavor coursing through my veins.
My husband has been asking for these pumpkin bars for a few weeks and I was obliged to make them on our first lazy weekend this month. I was given the recipe from a previous boss at Target as a wedding gift. Kyle craves it and I can't help but make him smile with this treat. It makes enough for two 9x13 cake pans. I pour the remainder of my batter in an 8x8 to yield a thicker bar, which I like, but then I adjust the bake time to 35 minutes.
Once these bars are cooled, frost with a cream cheese icing and chill prior to serving. One pan is for immediate serving at our house and the second pan is for the freezer to pull out at a later date. These, I think I will save for Lichty Thanksgiving in Lutsen. I can only imagine they will be a hit with your family as much as they are with mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment