Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pumpkin Pie

Look at my Mom's Perfect Pumpkin Pie! This is my absolute favorite dessert of the season. I could eat it pretty much any time of the year. I wanted to share my Mom's perfect pie she made the other weekend for a pre-Thanksgiving meal. Usually, with pumpkin pies, you get a split down the middle, but this one turned out picture-worthy! 
I don't have an outstanding pumpkin pie recipe to share, as I have always just used the recipe on the back of the Libby's Pumpkin can. However, I do adjust the spices to my taste. I do not have the patience to wait for a pumpkin to roast to use real pumpkin in my desserts and honestly, I have never been able to tell them apart anyways--but I do usually eat pumpkin pie so fast I am not sure if I would be able to tell a difference.

Make sure to top your pumpkin pie with a fresh dollop (or several dollops) of whip cream. They don't have the saying, "you want some pie with your whip cream" for nothing! Happy Thanksgiving Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment