Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cinnamon Scones

It's time to get your fall baking on! To me, Cinnamon, is a classic Fall flavor. One of my favorite coffee shoppes serve these delicious cinnamon chip scones. They are to die for and are perfect on a brisk Fall morning with a piping hot latte.  Since Kyle makes delicious coffees, like Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Mochas, I have been on the search to re-create these scones to mimic my perfect fall morning at home. I finally stumbled upon a recipe on one of my favorite baking blogs, My Baking Addiction, and it is perfect. The original cinnamon scones are dipped in a glaze and served but the recipe below and on the site have a cream cheese icing drizzled on top to give the scone some extra flare. The recipe yields over a dozen scones, depending on how big you cut the wedges. Wrap extra scones, in plastic wrap and place in a freeze tight container and they will last in the freezer for up to a month. 

Hope you enjoy the beginning of Fall Baking! 




No comments:

Post a Comment