Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bridal Shower

My mom, little sister and I hosted a bridal shower for our future and favorite sister-in-law. We decided the theme would be based on the classic musical, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Gingham fabric, Quilt blocks, milk tins, wild flowers. If you have ever seen the movie, the Seven Brides dance around in their bloomers and sing about being a "June Bride" and since Samantha will be June Bride we thought it was a fitting theme. I made some simple star quilt blocks using coordinating gingham and flower fabric for centerpieces. We topped those with tin milk buckets and places small flower bouquets and pictures on the table. I made a rosette cake and mom and I made cream cheese wedding mints. It was a really great time and we are so blessed to have a new sister in less than50 days!
June Bride
Star Quilt Block

Hostesses with the Mostest!



No comments:

Post a Comment